Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Text

So this was my first time actually using illustrator, well, past giving up in five minutes or something.



I originally was making a keyboard for the representative drawing, but after spending hours trying to make the keys recognizable but still legible, I was getting a headache so I stopped and switched to a polar bear. It was very frustrating. I didn't really want to layer the text, but thinking back I guess that's how I would have gotten the keys to be more solid so the letters and numbers on them would be recognizable. I think the extreme lenght but short width was making it hard as well to make it large and still fit on the screen...
I guess I just fiddled around with the abstract one. I like circles and emptiness in the center, and originally I was doing 'Loud' for my expressive, so distracting text manifested itself into both Xs.
The gradients in the circle gave me the idea for subtle veil that hushed had. It was probably my easiest and my favorite of all three.
As for the autobiography, I wanted to make it similar to a puzzle. I solved it because it looked nicer, and 'without' is crossed out, so I figure if I'm going to cheat, I'll bring you all down to my level and not even give you the chance to use your brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment